CD14: 14 Day China Discovery Tour with Return Flights (MEL/SYD)
- Duration: 13 Days (approx.)
- Location: Beijing
- Product code: CD14_05PEK_DC
Expedition Exclusive is a tour wholesaler and destination management company which has a strong focus on China and Mongolia. This exclusive focus means we have up to date information and first-hand knowledge that offers authentic travel experience to our clients.
- Address: Level 14, 380 St Kilda Road, Melbourne VIC 3004
- Phone: 1300 738 196
- Website: https://www.expeditionexclusive.com.au/
- Email: email@example.com
WHAT YOU GET
- 12 nights accommodation in a range of deluxe hotels
- Return international economy flights departing Melbourne and Sydney (see 'Fine Print' for departures from other Australian capital cities)
- All intra-china transportation
- Tours, transfers and admissions as per itinerary
- Local English-speaking guides
- All breakfasts and select meals as indicated in itinerary (B=breakfast; L=lunch; D=dinner)
The world’s oldest continuous civilization is a treasure trove waiting to be explored. China is as diverse as it is vast, and this 13-day tour is the perfect way to experience the country. You’ll discover ‘Paradise on Earth’ in Hangzhou, ride the bullet train and have the opportunity to immerse yourself in traditional crafts as you learn about traditional Chinese medicine and visit the plantation of the famed Longjing tea.
- Beijing: CNCC Grand Hotel or similar
- Suzhou: Xiangxuehai Hotel or similar
- Wuxi: Grand Kingtown Hotel or similar
- Hangzhou: Merchant Marco garden Hotel or similar
- Shanghai: Holiday Inn Shanghai Hongqiao West or similar
- Xi’an: Titan Times Hotel or similar
- Guangzhou: La Perle International Hotel or similar
THE FINE PRINT
- The package is valid for ONE PERSON aged 18 years or older (based on twin share). If you are travelling with another person you must purchase TWO PACKAGES, otherwise an additional single traveller surcharge will apply. Single travellers will get their own room throughout the tour.
- Flights depart Sydney/Melbourne are full services with 20kg checked luggage
- Compulsory RMB1,050 tipping per traveler is excluded and payable upon arrival in China
- Return international economy flights are included in your package. Flights will be with China Southern, Air China, Sichuan Airlines, Hainan Airlines or similar, departing from Sydney or Melbourne. Flight class upgrades are available for a surcharge of AU$2,900 per person (subject to availability)
- Departures from other cities are available for a surcharge
- Maximum Room Capacity is two people
- The high season surcharge of AU$380 per person applies to these departure dates: April: 12, 19; July: 05, 12; October: 11 (2019)
- Travel insurance is compulsory. We suggest purchasing travel insurance as soon as possible after purchasing this package.
- Please note disability access is limited during the tour please consider this when making your booking.
- Before submitting the reservation form, please ensure that the name on the reservation is the same as it appears on your passport. An error may result in a name change penalty or boarding being denied by the airline. Expedition Exclusive accepts no responsibility for accuracy of the name on the travel documents.
- Your passport must be valid at least 6 months beyond your intended stay overseas
- A visa may be required to the countries you are visiting and transiting. It is your responsibility to ensure you are holding a current visa.
- All activities and services are subject to availability.
DAY 1: ARRIVING BEIJING
Travel to Beijing, on arrival you will be accompanied by one of our friendly and professional tour guides to the hotel (subject to your flight schedule, you may depart on the same day or one day earlier).
DAY 2: BEIJING | MEALS: BREAKFAST
Today is a leisure day to see Beijing at your own pace. Get to know the city by drinking in the stunning sights and treating yourself to some delicious local fare!
Alternatively, you can join our suggested optional excursions.
IMPERIAL BEIJING TOUR: Explore the world famous Tiananmen Square and Forbidden City, the former seat of the emperors throughout the Ming and Qing dynasties. It is a true architectural masterpiece and home to the National Palace Museum.
MUSICAL PERFORMANCE: “The Golden Mask Dynasty” Show or “Kong Fu Legend” Show
DAY 3: GREAT WALL | MEALS: BREAKFAST & LUNCH
Today’s highlight is an excursion to the majestic *Great Wall *(Juyongguan Section), one of the Seven Wonders of the World, recognized by UNESCO, and get a chance to climb a portion of this 3,700 mile marvel. Visit one of the largest Jade Exhibitions in Asia enroute. Later in the day, it is your option to join our suggested excursions.
HUTONG LIFE TOUR: On this tour you will explore the hutongs of Beijing on the backs of rickshaws, a traditional mode of transport in Beijing. These rapidly disappearing traditional neighbourhoods offer a glimpse into the Beijing of the past.
PEKING DUCK BANQUET DINNER: Authentic Peking Duck Banquet served with all the traditional accompaniments.
DAY 4: BEIJING – SUZHOU | MEALS: BREAKFAST & LUNCH
This morning you will visit a Chinese Herbal Institute to learn about traditional Chinese medicine. You will then travel on the bullet train to Suzhou. When you arrive in Suzhou, our local representative will meet and greet you at the North Suzhou Railway Station. The local representative will transfer you to the hotel for rest.
DAY 5: SUZHOU – WUXI | MEALS: BREAKFAST & LUNCH
Suzhou, the city of paradise, is also known as the Oriental Venice for its exquisite canals, bridges, pagodas, and beautiful gardens. Suzhou is designated a UNESCO World Heritage Site. After breakfast, you will visit the Lingering Garden, a classic private garden with 500 years of history, and continue your journey to the Suzhou Silk Factory, the largest silk manufacturer in the country and discover the mysterious processing silk. After lunch, you can enjoy the optional excursion and explore the famous Grand Canal further. In the late afternoon, we will continue our journey to Wuxi, and visit the Nanchang Street before transferring to the hotel.
GRAND CANAL CRUISE: After lunch, you can enjoy a cruise along the ancient canal from the city to the picturesque Grand Canal.
DAY 6: WUXI - HANGZHOU | MEALS: BREAKFAST
This morning, you will begin your day with a visit to the Brilliance of Lake Lihu, located at the Famous Lake Taihu, followed by a visit to a Fresh Water Pearl Farm. We will then continue our travel to Hangzhou, once was described by Marco Polo as “the most beautiful and magnificent city in the world”
This evening is at leisure. You will have the opportunity to appreciate the symbolic performance of Hangzhou as an optional activity.
THE ROMANTIC SHOW OF SONGCHENG: This evening, you could join the symbolic performance of Hangzhou. It is being performed over 2,000 times, and entertained over 60 million audiences. It is the theatre performance that has been performed for most times and has the largest audience number, along with the O Show in Las Vegas, and the Moulin Rouge in Paris, the three are regarded as the Top Three Famous Shows in the world.
DAY 7: HANGZHOU - SHANGHAI | MEALS: BREAKFAST & DINNER
Hangzhou, also known as the “Paradise on Earth”, has been immortalized by countless poets and artists. The West Lake Cultural Landscape has been listed as a UNESCO World Heritage site. This morning, you will visit the West Lake – it is known as the most beautiful lake in the country. During the visit, why not join the optional activity of boat riding on the West Lake, which is the most renowned feature of Hangzhou. After this, we will visit No. 1 Tea Plantation and taste the local well-known Dragon Well Tea. It is science proved that green tea is excellent for maintaining the well-beings, and today you will have the opportunity of learning the tea culture of the China’s best green tea – Dragon Well Tea.
After lunch, we will drive to Shanghai. This evening, you will have the opportunity to get a glimpse of the dazzling and charming night view of Shanghai by joining the optional Huangpu River Cruise ride.
BOAT RIDE ON THE WEST LAKE: During your visit to the beautiful West Lake, you can find out the most renowned feature of Hangzhou by joining the West Lake Boat Ride, which is noted for its scenic beauty blends naturally with many famous historical and cultural sites.
HUANGPU RIVER NIGHT CRUISE: At night, you may enjoy the Huangpu River Night Cruise and get a glimpse of the dazzling and charming night view of Shanghai
DAY 8: SHANGHAI | MEALS: BREAKFAST & DINNER
After breakfast, we will travel to the Bund, a famous site in Shanghai that is lined by the colonial architecture of European design. This area is the best place to capture the Western influences of the old days, and now it is called the “Wall Street of the East”. The rest of the day is at free leisure. You are encouraged to join our suggested optional tours and activities that give you insights of Shanghai.
SHANGHAI INSIGHT TOUR: This tour takes you to Lujiazui Financial & Trade zone, where the Jinmao Tower is located. Jinmao is with 88 stories reaching a height of 420.5 meters and 290,000 square meter construction area, it is literally means “Gold Luxuriance Building” in Chinese. In here, you can find the perfect combination of traditional Chinese architectural style and the world’s modern architectural technology. After this, we will visit another famous site in Shanghai – Xi’tian’di. It is an historical and cultural character of the city tourism attraction, its unique Shikumen Shanghai-based urban construction attract people from the globe to explore this special leisure area.
CHINESE ACROBATIC SHOW: This evening, treat yourself by seeing the amazing ERA The Intersection of Time acrobatic show.
DAY 9: SHANGHAI – XI’AN | MEALS: BREAKFAST & LUNCH
Today you will travel to Xi’an. It is an ancient city in China and records the great changes of the country just like a living history book. In the evening, you can treat yourself by joining our suggested optional activities.
DUMPLING FEAST AND TANG DYNASTY CULTURAL SHOW: Xi’an was the China’s capital city during the Tang Dynasty and the Tang Dynasty culture plays a significant part of sharping today’s Chinese local culture. You will be fascinating by the Tang Dynasty culture during the show while enjoying the signature local Chinese food – dumplings. You will be surprised how many types of dumpling are serving during the feast.
DAY 10: TERRACOTTA WARRIORS | MEALS: BREAKFAST & LUNCH
Today is a leisure day. Alternatively, you can join the optional Terracotta Warriors excursion and discover the secret of this mysterious Chinese historical master piece.
TERRACOTTA WARRIORS EXCURSION: During this tour, you will visit the enigmatic ranks of the Terracotta Warriors in the company of our professional and experienced local guide. You may also have the opportunity of meeting the man who discovered the Warriors and learn about the moment they were uncovered by talking to one of the farmers who stumbled upon them in 1974. Followed by a visit to the famous Moslem Street, where many delicious local snacks and souvenirs are available for purchase.
DAY 11: XI’AN – GUANGZHOU | MEALS: BREAKFAST
This morning you can enjoy your surroundings at your leisure before travelling to Guangzhou, once better known to Westerners as Canton, is China’s busiest transport and trade hub and the third-largest city in China.
DAY 12: GUANGZHOU LEISURE DAY | MEALS: BREAKFAST
Today is a leisure day, you can explore Guangzhou at your own pace or join our well planned Guangzhou Insight Tour and travel in this exciting city like a local.
GUANGZHOU INSIGHT TOUR: This tour incorporates both driving and walking, and typically includes sightseeing as well as trying delicious local dim sum. You will discover the traditional Canton culture by visiting the famous sites including Chen Clan Academy, Sun Yat-sen Memorial Hall and Temple of the Six Banyan Trees.
DAY 13: TOUR ENDS & FLIGHT TO AUSTRALIA | MEALS: BREAKFAST
Your tour ends today with a transfer to the airport for your flight home or your onward journey.
DAY 14: ARRIVE HOME
Please take the time to read and understand the conditions of booking set out below prior to booking a trip with us. We strongly recommend that you also read the essential trip information relating to your trip prior to booking to ensure that you understand the itinerary, style and physical demands of the trip you are undertaking.